Washington Heights Community Artist Workspace Program
Request for Proposals (RFP): Washington Heights Community Artist Workspace Program
Seeking Washington Heights-based artists who are committed to practicing their art while also engaging, teaching and inspiring the local community.
Chashama, in collaboration with Shama Properties, is offering workspace to artists for free in exchange for creating and delivering dynamic educational and/or cultural programming for the residents of 535-539 West 162nd Street.
See here for required materials and application instructions.
About the Workspaces:
– 4 ground floor, newly renovated workspaces
– Each space includes windows, access to a sink, and bathrooms
– Workspaces are located at 535-539 West 162nd St
– Nearby to the Alianza Dominicana Cultural Center, NY Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia, Word Up Bookstore, and PS 4
– Closest train stops – 163rd St (C) or 157 / 168th St (1)
About the Community Programming:
– Each artist will offer 1 workshop per month (12 workshops per year)
– The workshops can be held in either the dedicated community room, or in the lobby, depending on the type of programming being offered.
We are accepting applications online and via mail until November 15th for the first round. If you have missed the deadline, please still apply. The application will remain open for future spaces in the program.
To Apply Via Mail: Please print a hard copy of the online application. See here for required materials and application instructions – http://s3.amazonaws.com/cha-production/attachments/260/original/washington_heights_rfp_FINAL.pdf