Open Call for Artist | Mi Querido Barrio Augmented Reality Exhibition
Mi Querido Barrio (My Beloved Community) Exhibition, will use augmented reality (AR) technology to feature site-specific pieces by local artists focusing on physical locations of importance within the social history of El Barrio. Using smart phones and tablets, audiences will be invited to take to the streets of East Harlem to view and learn more about particular sites of significance to the history and ethos of the East Harlem community
By using AR technology, this exhibition will place virtual computer graphic artworks and environments throughout the neighborhood of East Harlem as a means to reflect upon El Barrio’s past, present and future in cultural memory, history, fantasy, and reality. Mi Querido Barrio, best described as “a walking tour through time”, will document and introduce significant people, places, cultural and political events that have marked the history of East Harlem. The project initiated in 2014 and will be launching this Fall 2016 as part of the grand opening of CCCADI’s new home in El Barrio.
Visual and Media Artists with a wide range of skills including strong computer and media skills.
Visual and Media Artists from diverse fields with a strong interest in bringing their artistic styles into this new medium.
21 YEARS AND OLDER VISUAL AND/OR MEDIA ARTISTS WITH FLEXIBLE WEEKEND SCHEDULE, INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW TO USE NEW TECHNOLOGIES FOR EDUCATION AND CULTURAL PRESERVATION PURPOSES.
● Be comfortable using computers
● attend workshop on Saturday, July 16, from 10am-3pm
● be committed to create minimum 2 augments
● be committed to meet deadlines
● be a team player and be willing to support and work with other artists in the group.
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A STIPEND OF $500 FOR SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS COMPLETION.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in participating in the Mi Querido Barrio project, please send in the following materials:
1. A Letter of Interest of no more than a page in length which outlines your skills and background as an artist and why you want to participate in this project
2. A one to two-page resume/cv
3. A sample of your work preferably in digital form.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Regina Bultron Bengoa – Rbultron@cccadi.org, using the following Subject Line: Mi Querido Barrio Artist Application
APPLICATION MUST BY IN BY FRIDAY, JUNE 30TH.